Applicable to: 1. All clients who attend our Horsenden Farm based Craft Workshops; 2. Bookings made for In-House & Out-House Craft Workshops
The following terms and conditions apply to all companies and or persons or other entities (“you”) that are attending any workshop (“Workshop”) organised by Bead Sew Crafty ltd (“we” or “us”). Please ensure you have read and understand the following:
1. Acceptance of terms and conditions By completing the registration form for a particular workshop, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms”) and they will be incorporated into the contract between us (“Contract”). You will ensure that individuals, employees, partners, agents, contractors, subcontractors and any other person attending the Workshop on your behalf shall comply with these Terms. This contract is applicable to: Individuals joining our workshops after a 4 week trial period for onsite building based activities at our Horsenden Farm premises; for Individual's after we send you a booking confirmation for in-house or out-house craft activities.
2. Payment The fee for attending the Workshop (“Registration Fee”) will be as stated on the registration form for the relevant Workshop from time to time. Prices are exclusive of VAT except where expressly stated otherwise. All payments for the Registration Fee must be made in full at the time of completing the registration form and in any event prior to the date of the Workshop. If payment is not received within 7 days of your registration, your registration will be cancelled and the payment of any refund will be at our complete discretion. Payment will be made via our merchant account provider (and you consent to us passing your necessary details to the merchant account provider and to them processing necessary information about you) or directly to our bank account, as notified to you. We reserve the right to run price promotions as we think fit.
3. Refunds All bookings for the Workshops shall be non-refundable except as set out in paragraphs 4 and 5 below. However, if you are unable to attend the Workshop for any reason you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide us with the name of a substitute to attend the Workshop on your behalf and on receipt of this email we shall make such substitution and allow the substitute access to the Workshop.
4. Cancellation There may be circumstances in which we need to cancel the Workshop. In such circumstances, we will provide you with a full refund of the amount of the Registration Fee that you have paid to us and we will make very effort to provide you with such refund within 60 days of the date of cancellation.
5. Postponement or change to venue There may be circumstances in which we need to postpone the Workshop or change the venue at which Workshop is to be held and if we do, we shall advise you of this as soon as we possibly can. If the postponement is for more than 6 months after the publicised date of the Workshop or the replacement venue is more than 50 miles away from the selected venue, you may cancel your workshop by emailing us at email@example.com and we shall provide you with a full refund.
6. Liability and Disclaimer – important, you must read this Our sole liability in relation to any cancellation, postponement or change of venue shall be limited to the price paid by you for such Workshop and we shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequential losses. In providing this workshop, no person is acting as your solicitor or providing you with legal advice. We are providing you with training, template documents and guidance.
7. Your obligations If you act in any way which in our opinion is likely to cause any harm or nuisance to any person at the Workshop, you will be required to leave the Workshop and we shall not be liable to refund payments. You must comply at all times with the health and safety policy of the venue. You must comply with all requests from us or the venue with regard to health and safety and failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the workshop (in which case no refund will be provided). You may not bring any equipment or items of a hazardous or dangerous nature to the Workshop. You shall not cause any damage to any part of the venue (including outside areas, and all inside walls, flooring, fixtures and fittings). You are solely liable for any damage caused by you, your employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents to any such area of the venue and shall fully reimburse us in relation to any damage so caused. You must keep your personal belongings with you at all times and we accept no liability for any damage to, loss of or theft of any of your belongings or other items brought to the Workshop by you.
8. Promotional materials and materials at the Workshop You agree that we may include your details in any promotional materials relating to the Workshop and/or any materials used at the Workshop. We are not liable for errors or omissions contained in such information. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright for any such promotional materials and any materials used at the Workshop (including course notes, slides, brochures, articles and case studies) belongs to us and may not be reproduced in any medium without our prior written consent. You may use such materials for your own business purposes only and may not reproduce, publish or deal with such materials in any way for any commercial use. We reserve the right to change the published programme (including the publicised speakers) or materials as we think fit.
9. Photography and filming We may wish to photograph or film the Workshop and reserve the right to do so for the purposes of promoting future workshops or otherwise. We will first ask your consent (or any other person attending the Workshop) for photographing or filming you and any persons attending the Workshop with you. You may not photograph or video the Workshop without our prior consent.
10.Data protection We will communicate with you using the contact details provided on the Registration Form for the purposes of the Workshop.
11. Tickets We shall not send you tickets for the workshop. We will have your name on the attendee list and if you have paid the full cost of the invoice fee you shall be provided with access to the Workshop.
12. Travel, accommodation and refreshments You shall be responsible for making and paying for your own travel and accommodation arrangements to and from the Workshop. If you are late at the workshop or prevented from attending the Workshop due to travel delays or any other circumstances, we shall not be obliged to provide you with a refund or to wait to start the Workshop until you arrive. Light refreshments shall be provided.
13. Disability, medical conditions and dietary requirements If you have any disability or medical condition that requires us to make special arrangements for you or any special dietary requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and in any workshop at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the Workshop. This is notifiable to us through individuals wishing to attend our craft workshops on a regular contractual basis & to bookings made between us for short durations of craft workshops that are in house based.
14. Limitations of Liability Whilst every reasonable precaution is taken by us to ensure security and safety at the workshop, we shall not in any way be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you whatsoever in relation to the Workshop, save that nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to limit the liability of any person for death or personal injury caused by negligence. Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, any fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability for which it is unlawful to exclude or limit liability. Our total liability for any matter arising out of the Contract shall in all circumstances be limited to the price paid by you for the Workshop and we shall not in any circumstances be liable to you for any consequential loss whatsoever.
15. Governing law These Terms shall be governed by English Law and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. Modifications to the service and prices
Fees are invoiced to the person named on your registration form.
Full fees are payable during periods of absence from the workshop including sickness and holidays. There will no refunds, adjustments or reductions in the case of absence, illness or vacations that lasts less than 4 weeks.
For any absence of 4 or more weeks, a months’ written notice must be given to the manager and charges will be stopped until the client requests for services to recommence.
In any instance where a client is hospitalised, no fees are payable and their placement will be suspended.
We will consider payment adjustments for any clients experiencing exceptional circumstances or who are off for long term illness. This will be on a case-by-case basis.
One months’ notice is required if a clients place at the workshop is no longer required or if they wish to reduce their sessions. Notice must be given in writing.
Should you wish to make changes with the number of days of attendance this should be done by contacting your social worker, a Bead Sew Crafty manager should be given a minimum of 4 weeks notice. Where a client attends Bead Sew Crafty directly and not through the council, 4 weeks notice should be given in writing to the manager.
We reserve the right to review fees/charges annually. Prices are reviewed at least once per calendar year in accordance with rising inflation and economic changes.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Upon agreement of accessing our day service we will commence your payment schedule and issue you or your stated funding provider with monthly invoices payable at the end of every calendar month (direct clients only). Trainees will be invoiced in advance for these services, and the fees once paid will be non-refundable.
Direct clients invoices are sent out at the end of each month and must be paid within 28 days. In the case of clients whose fees are paid by the council, these are calculated on the basis of their weekly charge, multiplied by 51 (weeks) divided by 12 (months) which creates a fixed monthly charge.
Payment is via bank transfer, fees once paid are non-refundable. If unavoidable Bead Sew Crafty will charge an administration fee of £10.00 for any CHEQUE that is returned.
We reserve the right to withdraw a placement if fees remain outstanding after 28 days.
Bead Sew Crafty cannot guarantee a placement will be held for any client who is away for 4 weeks or more.
Parents/carers of clients must inform Bead Sew Crafty of any changes in their contact details, ensuring that they can be reached at any time via email, text or phone.
Parents/Carers must inform Bead Sew Crafty of any medical conditions in writing including any changes to medical conditions and special diets. Third party reports on the client’s condition should also be shared.
Clients should not attend the workshop if they are unwell.
If a client becomes unwell at the workshop, a staff member will contact the parent/carer. If it is deemed that the client is not well enough to be at our workshop the parent/carer will be requested to arrange collection.
All clients are expected to bring in their own packed lunches to eat at the workshop.
Bead Sew Crafty does not accept responsibility for accidental injury or loss of property. All necessary insurances required by law are in place.
Bead Sew Crafty has a legal and moral obligation to report any instances where we consider a client may have been put at risk (physical or emotional). This may be done without informing the parent/carer depending on the individual circumstances.
We will not tolerate behaviour towards staff or our clients which is deemed threatening, abusive or violent. Such behaviour may result in immediate termination of the place and/or refusal to allow a person on the premises in the future. We also reserve the right to withdraw a place with immediate affect or with notice if there is an irreconcilable breakdown in the trust/relationship between the parent/carer and Bead Sew Crafty.
Bead Sew Crafty are closed on Public holidays and for 5 additional days during the Christmas period. We do not charge for these days.
Bead Sew Crafty do not provide any form of transport to/from our workshop.